High-Pressure Performance Redefined!
Built with Gates innovative Xpiral™ technology, MegaSys™ MXG™ 4K hose is lightweight, highly flexible, and qualified to ONE MILLION impulse cycles — it’s a drop-in replacement for conventional spiral hoses.
Where others see a hose, we see a solution that can benefit our customers. Using materials science advancements, design expertise and processing technologies, we engineered a new class of hydraulic hose that exceeds the pressure and performance of wire spiral constructions, but with the lower weight and flexibility driven by Gates Xpiral™ technology. The XtraTuff™ Plus abrasion resistant cover on MXG™ 4K hose offers improved ozone resistance, withstands operating temperatures up to 121°C and delivers exceptional durability to
power your most demanding fluid power applications.
Features & Benefits:
- Proprietary application of materials science and processing technology
- Exceeds performance criteria of ISO 18752 280DC, SAE 100R12, EN856 R12, and ISO 3862 R12; size -16 also rated for EN856 4SP
- For inventory consolidation, also exceeds SAE 100R19
- 1,000,000 cycle impulse life exceeds industry standards (2X spiral and 5X wire-braid standards) with GS couplings
- Impulse tested to the same parameters as Gates® EFG4K spiral hose (pressure, temperature and bend radius)
- Compact construction with excellent flexibility and lower force-to-bend for faster and more ergonomic installation (force-to-bend is 40% better and OD is 8% smaller)
- 30% lighter weight for easier handling and installation
- Gates® XtraTuff™ Plus cover comes standard on MXG™, providing abrasion and ozone resistance
- Utilises Gates® matched GS GlobalSpiral and G MegaCrimp (-06 to -12 only) couplings
- MXG™ 4K has been constructed using Gates® innovative Xpiral™ technology
- STANDARD: Exceeds all criteria of ISO 18752 280DC and SAE 100R19; exceeds performance criteria of SAE 100R12, EN 856 R12, ISO 3862 R12 (Size -16 also exceeds EN 856 4SP performance requirements)
- CONSTRUCTION: Xpiral™ woven spiral construction with four layers of high-tensile steel wire reinforcement; black, oil-resistant, synthetic rubber tube
- COVER: Black, XtraTuff™ Plus abrasion resistant, ozone resistant, synthetic rubber; smooth cover
- CERTIFIED: MSHA, FRAS & MDG41
- TEMPERATURE RANGE: -40°C to +121°C (-40°F to +250°F)
MXG™ 4K is now available from your local gates hydraulic distributor, to find your nearest distributor click HERE.