Car manufacturers are designing the majority of new coolant and heater hose parts as branched/modular assemblies. This is particularly by European vehicle manufacturers, as European makes have the highest percentage of branched/modular hose. As such Gates will continue to expand the range to offer aftermarket replacement.
Hoses now have quick-connects, sensors, restrictors, valves and other components built into the hose, and this transformation is going to continue. The quick-connects and brackets are for easy-of-assembly and orientation T's are used to route additional hoses to new vehicle systems requiring cooling.
Cooling systems now have 50 psi constant pressure with spikes of 70-80 psi. Standard clamps over a barb cannot hold this pressure and quick-connects with an over-mold clamp are required. Check-valves and flow-restrictors are needed to control the coolant flow. Hoses must use the latest reinforcement technology to be able to handle these pressures.
Gates has a comprehensive range for popular makes and models and comes with features such as:
- Factory quality connections that are durable and eliminate coolant leaks
- Engineered to resist electrochemical degradation – the leading cause of hose failure
- Heat and ozone resistant cover
- Meets SAE 20R4 and 20R3 Type EC Class D-1 and D-2 specifications
- Temperature rating: -40°C to +135°C in coolant hose applications
Note: Gates recommends replacing standard worm drive and spring loaded clamps with PowerGrip® SB Clamps each time a new coolant hose is installed.
Caution: Do not use for fuel or oil transfer applications.