GATES® PREMIUM POWER TRANSMISSION PRODUCTS
Gates® combines material science and process engineering to create innovative power transmission products designed to withstand even the most challenging environments.
Gates® has a number of premium power transmission products in its range that help businesses reduce downtime and increase uptime, including:
Gates® Predator™ V-Belts
The Predator™ V-belt is specifically designed for the toughest working environments including but not limited to high-powered motors, shock loads from sudden starts and stops, contamination from oil or solvents and high temperatures.
- Maintenance free
- 35% less drive cost
- 60% less drive width
- 50% less weight
- Shaft load remains unchanged
Predator™ v-belts can handle 2.2 times more power than the equivalent size standard belt while weighing 63% less, this means instead of using 6 standard belts, you could use 3 Predator V-belts for less weight and higher performance. This ends up more cost effective as the lighter V-belts put less strain on costlier components and uses fewer belts all of which save you money.
Poly Chain® GT™ Carbon™ Synchronous Belts
GT™ Carbon™ synchronous belts are maintenance-free, stretch-free belt designed to replace roller chains. Standard roller chains require a lot of maintenance including re-tensioning and lubrication which results in excessive downtime and maintenance costs. Poly Chain®
GT™ Carbon™ belts are completely maintenance-free maximising uptime and minimising downtime, saving you money.
- Maintenance free
- 400% greater capacity than HTD timing belts
- 5% energy savings over v-belts
- 99% efficiency for the life of the drive
- Reduce down-time
- Reduce drive weight and overhung loads
- Over 120,000 possible drive combinations
- Inert to most acids, chemicals and water
- Stainless steel sprockets and taper locks available in certain sizes
- Width-for-width roller chain conversions
- No stretch, no lubrication, no re-tensioning
- Outlasts roller chain up to 4 to 1
- Outlasts roller chain sprockets up to 10 to 1
- Inside & backside idlers can be used
PowerGrip™ GT4™ Synchronous Belts
The PowerGrip™ GT4™ offers high horsepower despite its narrow size which means you can use smaller sprocket size thus saving you money. The PowerGrip™ GT4™ is able to operate in temperatures from -40°c to +120°c with intermittent use up to 140°c. Hazardous and explosive areas are suitable for the PowerGrip™ GT4™ due to its static conductive properties.
- Low noise and vibration
- Greater capacity, narrower drive designs
- Abrasion-resistant, longer life
- Static conductive to ISO 9563
- Fully operational in a wide range of temperatures: -40°C to +120°C with intermittent use up to 140°C
For more information on these power transmission products and more go to visit.gates.com/Power-Transmission or contact Gates® Australia on +61 3 9797 9688 or at [email protected]