Gates offers Preventive Maintenance Training to assist in achieving the best performance from your belt drives and keeping downtime and maintenance at a minimum.
The most common causes of poor belt life are improper maintenance and improper installation. The course aims to ensure that these causes are illustrated to provide trouble free drives and increase your uptime.
THE COURSE COVERS THE FOLLOWING:
- Belt identification
- Belt construction
- Belt matching
- Belt drive problems
- Pulley and belt inspection
- Guard maintenance
- Shutdown procedures
- Drive installation and alignment
- Belt tensioning techniques
- Re-tension periods
- Training on the use of tension and laser alignment tools
- Troubleshooting failure modes
Duration of course = 3 – 4 hrs.
Max 12 per class.